Re: Sorting Data

On Sun, 2008-10-05 at 19:01 -0700, Charles Van deZande wrote:
I'm a newby.  I have a large file consisting of many fields and many
records.  I want to sort the records according to one of the fields.
This is very easy to do in Excel, but I cannot figure out how to do it
in Gnumeric.  This must be an easy question because I cannot find a
similar question in your discussion list.

Select the area you want to sort.
Select Data->Sort
Complete the sort specification. Specifically make sure that the column
(?) you want to sort by is the first column to sort.
Click ok

Andreas

--
"Liberty consists less in acting according to
one's own pleasure, than in not being subject

Andreas J. Guelzow
Pyrenean Shepherds