Re: Column Graphs

On Mon, 2008-11-24 at 10:07 -0500, Charles Van deZande wrote:
If from the data table, I select the data (series1), then I select
Insert > Chart > Column graph > I get the column graph with the
automatic X-Axis 1, 2, 3, ...etc.  Then when  I try to change the
X-Axis to years 1995, 1996, ...2005, series1 disappears.  So I can
either have the plot of the data with the incorrect automatic X-Axis
with the correct series plotted OR I can have the correct X-axis with
NO the series plotted.
How can I change the X-axis without losing the series?

After you created the series, you should be able to select the series1
in the properties dialog and then set the (labels) filed to a range
containing the labels. The same should work even before you insert the
graph.

I tried it and it works for me. How exactly are you trying to add these
labels?

Andreas

--
"Liberty consists less in acting according to
one's own pleasure, than in not being subject

Andreas J. Guelzow
Pyrenean Shepherds