Re: Another try to get a response

On Wed, 2008-11-19 at 07:43 +1100, John Machin wrote:
On 19/11/2008 06:39, Andreas J. Guelzow wrote:
On Tue, 2008-11-18 at 20:30 +0100, Lutz Müller wrote:
On Mon, 2008-11-17 at 21:53 -0800, George Dell wrote:
In going to the web page "Getting Gnumeric" the new, excited, but
unknowledgeable potential user is confronted with an immediate
technospeak problem.
You are probably expecting something like
http://www.mozilla-europe.org/en?

I doubt he would be happy just downloading a tar ball, which is what
happens when I access that url and click the main button.

Under the main button there is a link "Other Systems and Languages". In
any case, if you were to access that URL from a Windows box, you would
find that the main button offered the Windows version (British English);
the US website offers the Windows version (US English).

I don't recall George Dell ever saying that he is using MS Windows. Do
you assume that he is using it since he is having problems installing
Gnumeric? That assumptions itself speaks volumes.

Andreas