Re: build issues

On Mon, 2008-05-26 at 18:16 -0400, Prof J C Nash wrote:
Following advice from Priit Laes, I got svn working again but had also
got it going on a new virtual Debian.

Unfortunately, I seem to be getting loads of bugs with jhbuild,
particularly concerning python-related problems.  This afternoon, I even
tried blowing away jhbuild and re-installing as per
live.gnome.org/jhbuild/, but even that is halting with an error claiming
I have only automake1.8 rather than 1.9, and failing to find COPYING or
INSTALL.

I think you are just seeing the same kind of issues I usually experience
with jhbuild from a tar ball. Quite often I felt like throwing my
computer out of the window.

When I finally noticed that jhbuild was available as a debian package
(and I am running debian unstable) all of these probablem suddenly
disappeared...

Andreas

Are others seeing similar problems? Or is it time to check my hardware?

--
"Liberty consists less in acting according to
one's own pleasure, than in not being subject

Prof. Dr. Andreas J. Guelzow
Dept. of Mathematical & Computing Sciences
Concordia University College of Alberta