Re: Google Summer of Code 2008

On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 3:31 AM, Jody Goldberg <jody gnome org> wrote:
   Daniel Hall : Audit Trails
       A CPA studying CS at the University of Alabama at Birmingham.
       He will be working with Morten to extend the undo/redo code
       to provide persistence.

Hello everyone, I'll introduce myself with a preliminary patch :) --
see attached.
It is still very much a work in progress but it gives a good idea of
what I'm working on.  This should add a 'Change Tracker' (bad name?)
item to the tools menu.  From there you can start logging commands to
an xml file.  At this point about half of the commands are supported
with varying levels of success.

In the not too distant future, I'll add support to read from a
generated file and execute the stored commands...similar to macros.
I'll also be doing a lot more testing and adding support for the
remaining commands.

As this is my first patch I'm sure there are some glaring problems,
but I guess that's the beauty of sharing.

Hoping it's not THAT bad,
Daniel Hall
halldan gmail com