Re: File causes lockup

On Sat, Jun 07, 2008 at 12:50:46PM -0400, Prof John Nash wrote:
Some teaching assistants sent me a file related to assignment marks that
has a sheet per student (about 60 sheets), each with graphics. This will
not load in Gnumeric 1.8.2 that comes with Ubuntu Hardy. There is lots
of disk activity for over 5 mins, and no keyboard or mouse control of
machine. Even Ctrl-Alt-Bsp and Ctrl-Alt-Del gave no response. I
eventually had to hit the power. Confirmed with 2 tries. OO and kspread
seem OK, as does Excel 2007 in WinXP.

Sounds like we're over allocating memory.

Any chance of fuzzing the student names in a different application
and sending of a copy ?