Re: gnumeric solver

Le mardi 19 août 2008 à 14:51 +0200, Ali Baharev a écrit :
Looks interesting. I also would like a non linear solver in gnumeric.
Gnumeric code is written in C, not C++, but I think a plugin written in
C++ would be acceptable.

OK. Could you please provide more information on the "how to"-s?
The C++ code is platform independent and follows the ANSI C++ standard
(tested with visual studio 2005, gcc 3.3.5, gcc 4.0, icc 8.1 for
Linux).

Well, I'm not the best expert in that domain. You need to implement a
plugin (you should look at some simple plugins code in the gnumeric
source tree). Your plugin should have a "ui" service adding a menu item.
You also need a dialog box for the solver settings, then you can access
the cells contents using the gnumeric API. Ths cell.h file seems a good
start to understand how things are stored in cells, IMHO.

Regards,
Jean