Re: New User

On 4/09/2007 5:30 AM, Uri David Akavia wrote:
Hi.
First, you can combine the two formulas.

=IF(AND(condition1, condition2), 1, 0)

That will save you a row there.

I think that you can also format the output cells (Ctrl-1, I believe,
but you can check the menus), and try to find some kind of formatting
that turns TRUE into 1 and FALSE into 0.

Internally, TRUE is 1 and FALSE is zero, but attempting to apply a numeric format (with zero decimal places) doesn't work. However you can trick it with less typing than the IF() method:
    =(any Boolean expression) + 0
converts the value to a number, and the default number format displays it as 1 or 0. Thus in the OP's case, use:
    =AND(condition1, condition2) + 0
Cheers,
John