empty cells

Hello all,

I'm VERY new to spread sheets and I have the following problem. I have data collected over a year in irregular intervals. So I have one column with all the days of a year and several columns with sparse data. Now I want to make an XY plot using splines to interpolate. This works well if I select non empty cells by hand. But not if I simply select the first and another column. Is there a way to do this automatically ?

Jouke