Re: Same style in several graphs

On Mon, Oct 01, 2007 at 02:36:35PM +0200, Emmanuel Pacaud wrote:
Hi,

Le lundi 01 octobre 2007 à 12:34 +0200, gn-maillings creatu de a écrit :
I have a question concerning the graphs in gnumeric. I use 1.7.12 on
Windows XP and a pretty up-to-date version on Ubuntu Linux.

I would like to define a custom style theme to use for all my graphs
(in one project). When I go in to the properties menu of a graph I can
select a custom and "Guppi"-theme.

Theme support is pretty rough in its current implementation. It's just a
per object hardcoded set of basic style properties (line, fill and
font). And they don't define other features like object position, or
tick side.

How can I add my own theme or change one of the existing?

Apart from editing goffice/graph/gog-theme.c, it's not possible.

As a workaround, what you can do is to cut'n paste the graph from file
to file, and change the data of each series.

The engine itself is currently hard coded because it was written
before I added persistence.  We could actually load things from a
file if desired with very little work.  On the other hand we're
going to need to strengthen things to support some of the new
concepts in OOX, so there is work on the horizon in this area.
Please bugzilla a feature requests if you have ideas for theming
elements beyond the content of GogStyle.

Thanks