Re: Excel Test Files

On Wed, 2007-02-07 at 11:32 -0500, Morten Welinder wrote:
There is a small amount of MS Excel test files at
http://www.softmaker.com/english/ofwcomp_en.htm. Obviously, they are
heavily filtered in favor of Softmaker Office.

We are aware of these.  Note, that last we looked at them, the only reason that
Softmaker did well was that they cheated: Softmaker used the precomputed
values in the files and was unable to compute those itself.

However last time I looked they were clearly doing a better job on style
importing than Gnumeric. That might have improved meanwhile, but if it
hasn't it's still on my TODO list to spend time on the Excel filters
again with an emphasis on importing more style.

Nick.