pb compiling gnumeric on gutsy

Hi all,

Probably a stupid question...
I compiled gnumeric-1.7.90 from sources in /usr/local/. Classical thing,
everything went ok.
Then, when I want to launch gnumeric, I get the following error:

gnumeric: error while loading shared libraries:
libspreadsheet-1.7.90.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file
or directory

However, libspreadsheet-1.7.90.so IS in /usr/local/lib/.

Probably a path problem, but I don't understand why this suddenly does
not work anymore (it used to work for ubuntu 7.04).

Regards,

Frédéric