Re: relative reference in named ranges for dependent drop down lists

On Sat, Aug 18, 2007 at 08:24:12AM -0700, sf wrote:
Just wondering if this feature is available in
gnumeric as it is not in open office ... that is that
I have one drop down list selection in column A and
the drop down list in column B depends on what you
select in column A ... Used relative reference in
Excel for this ... Thanks! S

We should.  Although I've fixed a few bugs in that area in recent
releases.  The only issues remaining the validation lists that I
know of are
    - The ordering of elements (gnumeric shows unique, XL shows in
      order)
    - What to display when the list expression produces an error

Give it a try in 1.7.11, or send us a sample.

Thanks