Re: Replacing blank cells

On Wed, 2007-08-15 at 13:39 -0400, Uri David Akavia wrote:
What about doing replace
Value to replace: (just leave blank)
Replace with: NA

This was my thought to, but gnumeric complains that "Search string must
not be empty" I tried various alternatives with regular expressions, but
without any success.

Actually, my first thought was to save the file as a csv text file, and
then open it in a text editor (or use sed) to replace:

^,
,,
,$

(i.e., a comma at the beginning of a line, a pair of commas with nothing
inbetween, and a comma at the end of a line) by

"NA",
,"NA",
,"NA"

respectively. This, of course, loses any formatting and formulae, but
should work.

HTH

Steve

Professor Steven J Schwartz      Phone: +44-(0)20-7594-7660
Space and Atmospheric Physics    Fax:   +44-(0)20-7594-7772
The Blackett Laboratory          E-mail: s schwartz imperial ac uk
Imperial College London          Office: Huxley 6M70
London SW7 2BW, U.K.             Web: http://www.sp.ph.ic.ac.uk/~sjs