Re: Help with Online Help?

On Thu, Jul 26, 2007 at 22:53:27 +0200, J.H.M. Dassen (Ray) wrote:
On Wed, Jul 25, 2007 at 19:46:36 -0400, Jody Goldberg wrote:
I'll have to do some research into how to produce pdf from docbook
using free tools.

I can see what I can do about building PDF documentation this way in a
more automated fashion and with proper graphics.

I've committed my work on this and updated the demo rendering
        http://www.xinara.org/~ray/tmp/gnumeric.pdf

The procedure is unlikely to win awards:
* the dbcontext code is a prerelease; it does not handle images in a
  subdirectory well. (Worked around this by fiddling with the TeX search path)
* the resulting ConTeXt file is too complex for a default TeX installation.
  (Worked around this by forcing the use of a local texmf.cnf with enlarged
  settings)
but the result is quite nice.
--
The Internet interprets attempts at proprietary control as damage and routes
around it.