Re: file insertion ?

I played around a bit, and while it's not elegant, I was able to get
what I want by putting in the appropriate =[FILENAME]SHEETNAME!CELL into
each cell of the report spreadsheet (actually, copying one does all of
the cell arithmetic automatically).

Nonetheless there are problems:

1.  This doesn't work unless the source sheets are opened within the
same instance of gnumeric.  If I simply open the report, I see the
[FILENAME]SHEETNAME!CELL references literally.

2.  Some of the source data is blank, which is converted to 0 when being
transferred to the report.  This messes up some of the statistical
analysis I do later.  I tried the following:

  =if( [FILENAME]SHEETNAME!CELL != 0 , [FILENAME]SHEETNAME!CELL , "" )

but gnumeric kept giving me syntax errors (I tried different variations
of the condition as well).

3.  Here's the worst problem.  Basically, I circulate my report by
e-mail, usually by saving it as an excel file.  This no longer works.
When I open the result in, say openoffice, all the file references are
gone.  Is there a tool to convert all the FILENAME references to local
numbers?

David

P.S., I'm running the CVS HEAD version of gnumeric.