Re: Increasing number of rows in Gnumeric

First - I'm with Dave here - you need 4,294,967,296 rows? Maybe you
can describe your problem in depth, so I'll just figure out why on
Earth you'd need that.

Second, I'm assuming you're using a Linux distribution.
Let's say you're using Debian, or a Debian based system like Ubuntu.

1)Get the source for the package
apt-get source gnumeric
2)Get the build dependencies
apt-get build-dep gnumeric
3)Change the source file.
4)Get whatever helpers you need
apt-get install dpkg-dev
5)Build the package
dpkg-buildpackage in the root directory of the archive step 1 should
have downloaded and unpacked for you.

You're all set.

If you're using RedHat or  a RedHat based system, I'm sure it is
similar. It is also possible that you can download version 1.7.x for
your system, RPM or DEB based.

Yours,

Uri David