polynomial regression

I just had a question about using gnumeric to fit a polynomial to some
data.  Apparently in excel, once you've plotted some data all it takes
is a right-click or so and it does it all automatically (I don't have
excel and so I'm not 100% sure this is true).

I know how to do a linear regression in gnumeric.  How about a
polynomial regression?  Clearly this is still linear, although a system
of equations must be solved for the coefficients.  Does this exist?

I don't subscribe to the list and would appreciate a CC of any answer.

Thanks

David