Gnumeric 1.7.1 for windows: python extension? data from databases?

Hi gnumericists,

I have recently started exploring the windows port of gnumeric. Looks nice for a start. Now, I'm trying to go deeper into it. I find that the linux version has a python extension, the windows version has not. Could someone point me to people who might eventually create such an extension - or who could help me to do so? Thanks in advance,

Chris.