Re: sorting "bug"

1) formulas with references INSIDE the sort area should not be sorted.
Indeed, one could say that sort should pre-check this and red-flag it.
As far as I know (I'd be delighted if there is a way to do this), no
spreadsheet does this yet.

A little more detailed:

1a. Expressions that reference only cells within a given row are just fine.
     [Quite possibly beyond the set of columns being sorted.]
1b. Absolute references outside the area being sorted are fine too.
1c. Anything else is suspect.

Morten