debian sid gnumeric 1.6.1 doesnt have "database" tab in tools or data

Hi,

I have a friend who uses excel and I am trying to show him  how to use
gnumeric instead. He  needs to have database access to display results of
queries in the spreadsheet. This seems   like a reasonable request.

I see that we can use postgresql with the gnome database gdba.

At work i have a sarge install which is  gnumeric 1.4.3 i think. It has a
database menu item that invokes the gnome database  application. How come I
don't  see it in the 1.6.1 version in debian sid?

Should I file a bug in debian or is it an "upstream issue".

I am still hacking around getting things working. I see something about
needing to have selected a set of cells =  size of result of the  query
before running the query. Is this still an issue?

Thanks for your  wonderful work!

Mitchell