Re: Windows Version with more lines required

From an earlier email:

Ivan, Wong Yat Cheung wrote:
James Gordon wrote:
Can anybody suggest where I can get hold of Gnumeric 1.6.3 or later
for windows but compiled with an option of 500 columns or more.
Just compiled a version with max. rows == 131072 and cols == 512. I
haven't tested it seriously and please don't consider it as anything
official:

http://www.ivanwong.info/gnumeric/libspreadsheet-1-7-0.dll

Cheers,
Ivan.

That should work for you. I use gnumeric on linux, so can't check the
dll for you.

Muthiah Annamalai wrote:
Mr Lachmann,
I see something like
SHEET_MAX_ROWS
SHEET_MAX_COLS
in the files      gnumeric-$VERSION/src/gnumeric.h

please reset those #defines to desired 512K & 64 and compile
GNUMERIC, I  *THINK* that must be it.

Thanks
Muthu

    From: "Richard Lachmann"

    Hello all,

    as a new subscriber and user of Gnumeric I have read about a feature
    that would be very useful to me. I am talking about the possibility
    to recompile Gnumeric with more than 64k lines.

    Unfortunately my main use of this feature would be in a windows
    environment. To me, a version that could handle more lines than 64k
    would be great help. The optimal size would probably be 512k rows x
    64 colums as it fits my needs for 99% of the cases. A version of
    256k lines x 64 columns still would fulfil 95% of my needs.
    The main problem is that I have no clue on how to make this
    recompile for windows work. I am shure that you have read about this
    problem several times already and maybe the version I search does
    exist already. In this case I would be very delighted if somebody
    could point me in the direction.
    Else if somebody who has the knowledge on how to perform this
    recompile could supply me with a 512k x 64 version that would be
    greatly appreciated. I am fully aware about the performance
    drawbacks that might have, but I assure you that whatever they might
    be, I will gladly accept them.

    I am new to this list and if this topic is something like a no-do
    thing I would like to appologize immediately.

    Thanks for all who read this and even mors so to the white knight
    who can supply a Windows version with more than 64k rows.

    Best regards,
    Richard

    ps: I am no english native speaker so I hope all my phrasings are
    understandable and I have not typed to much nonsense.
    --

    "Feel free" ? 10 GB Mailbox, 100 FreeSMS/Monat ...

http://mail.yahoo.com