Plugin Ideas

Hi there,
I like gnumeric and want to write a functions plugin.
Basically,the Idea will be to create UI dialogs / reporting
from cells, when certain things/events/conditions happen.

Possible functions

1 Display  ,  =Display("message fmt",c1,c2,c3, ....);
    which just pops up a dialog to the user.

2 Input  , =Input("Enter Value")
    you type in the value, at GUI, and it goes into the cell,

3 ShowImage, =ShowImage(<image-file>)
    shows an Image

4 ChooseFile, =ChooseFile(<root-path>)
    shows you a File Dialog, so that you could choose
    a file, for cell content

5 ChooseDir, =ChooseDir(<root-path>)
    shows you a File Dialog, so that you could choose
    a dir, for cell content

6 ConditionalDisp, =ConditionalDisp(<codition>,<message>)
    shows message, when your condition is true.

7 ExecCells, =ExecCells(<cell list> | <cell range>)
     you can show list of cells we need to evaluate, or
     process in order, like a programming language

8 RepeatCell, =RepeatCell(<repeat factor> | <cell number>)
    repeat the function on those cells,

9 ExecCommand, =ExecCommand(<execute command>,<args>)
    execute commands from gnumeric

Basically using this set of functions we could do conditional branching,
and use Gnumeric cell's as a type of programming language.

I dont know how it will work, but it looks exciting.
Please let me know what you guys think, if its been done before,
or if its not-so-good idea.

Thanks
Muthu

Do you Yahoo!?