Re: Moving average smoothing of curves in graphs

Le jeudi 09 février 2006 à 11:15 -0500, Morten Welinder a écrit :
I don't think it matters too much in practice, but I agree that looking at the
numbers is the right thing to do.

It would also be nice to have an exponentially weighted moving average,
parameterized by 1/e-life (or half-life).  For that you clearly do have to
pay attention to the X-axis numbers.

Seems a good idea. Do you have a link to the maths behind such a
smoothing for a poor ignorant chemist?

After discussing with Emmanuel, I'll use the X values by default and add
an option to have XL behavior.

Also, if we add lots of methods in the graphs, we might want to have
some way to retrieve the values from the sheet ?

Cheers,
Jean