Moving average smoothing of curves in graphs

Hi,

I'm currently implementing the moving average smoothing in graphs, so
that we'll have all the regressions mode present in excel.

I have some doubts about how things work about the abscissa in excel.
With a period of n, excel calculates the average for the y value and
takes the last x value. I feel it would be better to also use the
average of the x values as abscissa. Of course, this is not really
important when the x values are separated by a constant interval, which
might be the most frequent situation, but in other case, the result in
excel seems quite weird.

Any comments, before I proceed?

Cheers,
Jean