Re: Space-sensitive sorting?

J.H.M. Dassen (Ray) - fsmla xinara org wrote:
On Mon, Aug 28, 2006 at 07:20:51 -0400, gnumeric-list 9 osterizer spamgourmet com wrote:
When sorting text in Gnumeric, it appears that whitespace is disregarded
during the sort,

I've looked for a preference to override this behavior, but couldn't find
one -- is there a way to force Gnumeric to consider spaces when sorting?

Yes, use a locale with LC_COLLATE=C.

HTH,
Ray

Perfect! I added LC_COLLATE=C to /etc/environment, logged out and back in, and the sort works exactly the way I wanted it. Thanks very much for your help!

Heath