Re: Space-sensitive sorting?

On Mon, Aug 28, 2006 at 07:20:51 -0400, gnumeric-list 9 osterizer spamgourmet com wrote:
When sorting text in Gnumeric, it appears that whitespace is disregarded
during the sort,

This depends on your locale settings; see

I've looked for a preference to override this behavior, but couldn't find
one -- is there a way to force Gnumeric to consider spaces when sorting?

Yes, use a locale with LC_COLLATE=C.

AJ: Geeez, Erwin. He wasn't even ARMED.
Erwin: I don't care. I have lots of ammo and he was wearing a TIE.