Re: Space-sensitive sorting?

On Mon, Aug 28, 2006 at 07:20:51 -0400, gnumeric-list 9 osterizer spamgourmet com wrote:
When sorting text in Gnumeric, it appears that whitespace is disregarded
during the sort,

This depends on your locale settings; see
        http://www.novell.com/support/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=3006646&sliceId=SAL_Public

I've looked for a preference to override this behavior, but couldn't find
one -- is there a way to force Gnumeric to consider spaces when sorting?

Yes, use a locale with LC_COLLATE=C.

HTH,
Ray
--
AJ: Geeez, Erwin. He wasn't even ARMED.
Erwin: I don't care. I have lots of ammo and he was wearing a TIE.