Spreadsheet - linear programming

I have attempted to use the "Solve" tool, unsuccessfully.  When I've arrived at the "Constraint" dialog box, I've entered the LHS, as a range, the equality option, and the RHS, as a cell ID (e.g. b2:d2 <= h2).  The "Add" button is not highlighted, and the constraint does not appear in the "Subject to the constraints" box.  The "Close" and "Solve" buttons only seem to send me back to the previous page.  I'm therefore unable to add subsequent constraints.  The manual doesn't appear to address this problem.  What am I doing wrong?

Lee