Re: HTML encoded spreadsheets?

On Wed, Sep 07, 2005 at 11:05:49PM -0500, David Stanaway wrote:
On Wed, 2005-09-07 at 18:40 -0600, Andreas J. Guelzow wrote:
On Wed, 2005-07-09 at 18:06 -0500, David Stanaway wrote:
Also, when I open with the html format module, lots of errors scroll
about namespace errors. It is an html file with excel xml markup eg:

EG:

style='border-top:none;border-left:none;width:53pt'
  x:num>880</td>

x:num flags an error

I really think that x:num is not acceptable in a td tag in any version
of html.

I agree it is not html, but it is I assume covered in the
xmlns:x="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:excel" namespace. (This I do
not expect to be supported by the html module, except by specific design
of course)

It sounds like this needs to be treated as a special XL specific
format, probably in the xls plugin which does have a probe routine.
We can have a look during 1.7.  We need to make up std test file
with things like
     - formating
        : alignments
        : borders