Re: Gnumeric 1.6.0 Released!

On 10/23/05, J.H.M. Dassen (Ray) <fsmla xinara org> wrote:
On Sat, Oct 22, 2005 at 17:25:33 -0400, Steve wrote:
I am currently using Ubuntu Hoary with Gnumeric 1.4.2... is there any
specific instructions on how to upgrade/install the most recent Gnumeric?

The current release of Ubuntu, 5.10 (Breezy Badger), includes gnumeric
1.5.90 packages.

I've downloaded the source for 1.6.0... I get messages saying some
specific package and versions are missing from my system, after installing
all that I could find in Ubuntu repositories.

Breezy is still relatively close to Debian unstable's codebase, so it's
quite possible that the Debian packages I maintain of libgsf, goffice and
gnumeric packages [*] can be installed on it painlessly or that you can
at least rebuild those for Breezy from source (see the debian/control files
in the source packages for information about build dependencies).

Hoary's codebase is likely to be too old to get gnumeric 1.6.0 on it in a
comfortable way.

[*]
http://packages.debian.org/cgi-bin/search_packages.pl?version=experimental&subword=1&exact=&arch=any&releases=all&case=insensitive&keywords=libgsf&searchon=names

http://packages.debian.org/cgi-bin/search_packages.pl?version=experimental&subword=1&exact=&arch=any&releases=all&case=insensitive&keywords=goffice&searchon=names

http://packages.debian.org/cgi-bin/search_packages.pl?version=experimental&subword=1&exact=&arch=any&releases=all&case=insensitive&keywords=gnumeric&searchon=names

HTH,
Ray

Thanks for the info... I might take a stab at either upgrading to
Breezy or trying your Debian packages.

-Steve.
--
Ubuntu :: Linux for Human Beings :: ubuntulinux.org