RFE: warning with export filters

Hi all,

I have a suggestion for futur versions of gnumeric.

The problem is the following: when you export to another file format
(e.g. .xls), it is not garanteed that you won't lose some information,
because:
a) some features have not yet been implemented in the export filter
b) the file format does not support some features (e.g. .xls format only
supports 2 Y-axes for the graphs)

The bad solution taken by OO.o is to always warn if you save in a
"foreign" file format. This is really anoying and sub-optimal.

A better solution that I would like to see in gnumeric would be to warn
only if some information will be lost (e.g. not warn if you just save a
simple spreadsheet in .xls), and to actually list what will be lost,
e.g.:
"Warning: some information will be lost during the export process
a) your graph contains more than 2 Y-axes, but the .xls format supports
only 2 Y-axes
b) ..."

Would that be feasible?

Regards,