Re: Sharing Gnumeric Files on a network

Hello,

This is because of differences between MS windows and UNIX in how they
treat files. MS windows 'locks' a file when one program is using it to
prevent any other program from accessing the file. UNIX programs work
with a copy of the file which they then replace after use. This is what
Mr. Welinder meant by 'locking' in case his answer seemed obscure.

Sorry but I don't know how you can resolve the issue.

good luck,
adrian