Re: Unable to embed vertical tab (linefeed) in typed data

On Thursday March 10 2005 13:03, Jody Goldberg wrote:
On Mon, Mar 07, 2005 at 10:37:42AM -0600, wb wrote:
I am using gnumeric 1.2.6 on a stock Mandrake 10.0 installation.

I have been unable to insert a linefeed in a cell's text.  I can
import cells from Excel containing vertical tabs, and it is handled
OK.

Alt-Enter

I have been unable to find a way to edit these unprintable
characters into text data inputs.

It's currently ugly.  They appear as little boxes in the edit line.

As an encompassing problem, I am unable to cut and paste WITHIN
cells. For instance, cutting one character from withing the text in
a cell, and pasting that one cut character inside the text in
another cell.

Is there any way to do this?  Is there a plan to do this?  Do I
just need to upgrade?

That is fixed in 1.4.x

Thanks a lot.

--
        Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good
        of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may

                -- C. S. Lewis