Re: Unable to embed vertical tab (linefeed) in typed data

On Mon, Mar 07, 2005 at 10:37:42AM -0600, wb wrote:
I am using gnumeric 1.2.6 on a stock Mandrake 10.0 installation.

I have been unable to insert a linefeed in a cell's text.  I can import
cells from Excel containing vertical tabs, and it is handled OK.

Alt-Enter

I have been unable to find a way to edit these unprintable characters
into text data inputs.

It's currently ugly.  They appear as little boxes in the edit line.

As an encompassing problem, I am unable to cut and paste WITHIN cells.
For instance, cutting one character from withing the text in a cell,
and pasting that one cut character inside the text in another cell.

Is there any way to do this?  Is there a plan to do this?  Do I just
need to upgrade?
That is fixed in 1.4.x