minverse when using insert function from the menubar

After entering the array elements, I highlighted the target cell
area and then selected insert function from the menu.
Selecting the function minverse the line array area is
clicked and then I can highlight the  array data elements.
When I click ok the first cell of the target area has a -1.

However if one  presses  CTRL - SHIFT - ENTER  the
array is now filled in correctly.   I think the dialog is
the problem in that it doesnt know to use the
correct key sequence for an array.