minverse another question

Thanks for the reply, I tried the formula at the bottom of
the web page in various combinations.

<snip>
Example 6-5. Entering an Array Formula

An array formula is currently entered by selecting the single range in
which to store the result, entering the array formula, and hitting the
magic combination, Ctrl-Shift-Enter.

The result is displayed as :

        ={FUNCTION(ARGUMENTS)}(num_rows, num_cols)[row number][col number]
</snip>

After a bit I gave up and found another explanation.

http://www.duncanwil.co.uk/simult.html

Following the procedure the formula shown in gnumeric is

{=minverse(Sheet1!A5:C7)}(3,3)[0][0]

I tried to change the displayed formula thinking that I could
change the location of the target cells.  Is there a way to enter
the formula manually without having to highlight the 3x3
target cell area?  This example doesn't work.

{=minverse(Sheet1!A5:C7)}(3,3)[F5][H7]