Re: errors bulding gnumeric 1.5.1 (again)

On Tue, 31 May 2005, I wrote:

gnumeric-gconf.o(.text+0x18f): In function `gnm_conf_init_extras':
: undefined reference to `go_conf_get_node'

The trouble seems to be that the relevant functions are #ifdef'd
using WITH_GNOME, but other parts of the gnumeric code base don't
know that, and are trying to resolve these symbols regardless.

Previously I just let the gnome portion of the build fall by default, due to pkgconfig not finding the gnome dependencies.

I have now tried configuring with an explicit "--without-gnome", making clean, and making again. I get the same error. The build mechanism seems to be broken for non-gnome gtk systems. This is new with 1.5.1.

Allin Cottrell