Re: "Fixing" a row in a sheet

 --- Ryan Pavlik <abiryan ryand net> wrote:
Jean Bréfort wrote:

Le dimanche 30 janvier 2005 à 17:11 +0000, Marc a écrit :

Hi Gurus ;)

I have a user question - is it possible (and if yes, how?) to
"fix" a
row (or a set of cells in 1 or more rows) in a sheet so when you
scroll down, it stays on the top of the screen? I'm looking for a
functionality like in M$ Excel..

I have a loooong table (lots of rows) - it's basically a
"spending
sheet" where the columns are described in the first row. I'm
seeking
something which will allow me to see the descriptions all the
time
without scrolling up several pages... :(

Thanks
Marc

It works just as XL, select View menu, Freeze Panes.

This should probably be a FAQ somewhere, or the little black blocks
near
the scroll bars (which most Excel users use to perform this action
instead of the menu) should be added (which might not be feasible).

Just a suggestion.

--
Ryan Pavlik
--

Hi Guys,

Thanks for quick responses :) It works just like the manual says (I'm
using 1.2.1). I don't know about the most recent version, but the
freezing of the area "which is currently visible and is above and
left of the current selection" is a bit weird - I mean isn't it more
natural to select cells I want frozen and then freeze them?

No flame ;)

Marc