statistics, etc.

I have just subscribed to the group, and have several questions.

1.  I tried to search the archives from the
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnumeric-list/ page, but I get the
message: Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /mailman/search on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use
an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Is the archive not really searchable?

2.  I am interested in the possibility of using gnumeric in an
introductory statistics course which I teach.  There are some nice
statistics functions, but a few elementary functions are missing.  In
particular, I'd like to have boxplots, normal probability plots, stem
and leaf charts, confidence intervals (z and t), and hypothesis
testing.  I know that gnumeric is extensible through plugins, but before
I try to tackle Python language programming (which I know nothing of),
I thought I'd check and see if anyone might have already done this, or
if such a project is in the works.

3.  I found a 2+ year old web page on RGnumeric, an interface for R
language.  Is this project still going?  Will it work with the current
version of Gnumeric?

4.  Fianally, an unrelated question.  Is there a way to make persistent
column labels, i.e. text labels at the top of a column which do not
disappear from view when you scroll down?

Thanks much for any assistance.
--
--Chase Brady

As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not
certain; and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality.
--Albert Einstein