Re: charting rows of data

Le jeudi 24 février 2005 à 13:03 -0500, Jeffrey Ross-Ibarra a écrit :
My apologies if the answer to this is somewhere that I've missed.  I
relatively frequently have the need to chart many hundreds or
thousands of series all on the same graph.  Given the columnXrow
limitations in all spreadsheet programs, it is most convenient to have
the data series in rows instead of columns.  The problem I can't get
around is that Gnumeric seems to assume that if the number of rows of
data is bigger than the number of columns that my series must be in
columns, and it charts them that way.  I'm relatively new to Gnumeric,
so maybe I've missed an obvious menu option somewhere -- again my
apologies if this is the case.  If there is an easy solution or a
quick fix I would really appreciate it; otherwise I'm stuck using
OpenOffice or Excel to make my charts.

If there are no other data in the rows, select the whole rows. You'll
have 256 columns. If you have more than 255 series, there is no solution
at the moment in gnumeric AFAIK. I suppose we should add an option
somewhere to allow a user to override the default. Please make a bug
(enhancement) report.

Regards,
Jean