Re: Non-Compressed saving

On Wed, 2 Feb 2005, Nathan Bullock wrote:

Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 18:25:59 -0500 (EST)
From: Nathan Bullock <nathan_kent_bullock yahoo ca>
To: gnumeric-list gnome org
Subject: Non-Compressed saving

(I already posted this message but I wasn't a member
of the list and I don't think it ever made it to the
list.)

Is there an option somewhere that you could tell
gnumeric not to compress the saved files?

In the preferences there is an option to set the compression level.

If you are using a very up to date version of Gnumeric you should be able
to set it to 0 and that should produce XML files with no compression.
(This works in recent versions only because I asked for it lots of times
and eventually Jody was kind enough to support it).

The other method is to 'save as' and then specify filename.xml (where
filename is whatever filename you want to use)  because gnumeric
recognises the .xml extension and uses it for uncompressed gnumeric xml.

Sincerely

Alan Horkan
http://advogator.org/person/AlanHorkan/