Re: Locale: why does Gnumeric think I'm an American?!

Thanks.

Sorry for the off-topic question, but where would I put these variables? I don't start Gnumeric from a command line, I use the menu entry in Gnome, so which rc, shell script or whatever do I need to set these variables in?

Chris Seaton

Morten Welinder wrote:
All you need to do is override the relevant locale environment
variable(s).  Type "locale" to see what you have right now.
For example, I seem to have only two things set: LANG
and LC_COLLATE.  The rest of the settings mirror LANG.

Morten

# locale
LANG=en_US.UTF-8
LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"