Re: Native port of Gnumeric for Mac OS X

On Thu, Aug 25, 2005 at 03:01:21PM +0200, M-Rick wrote:
Can we expect to have a native port of Gnumeric like it has been done
for Abiword ?

The native port of Abiword works perfectly in Mac OS X and it is
perfectly integrated, and it starts really really faster than NeoOffice
(Mac OS X native port of OpenOffice.org).
So would it be possible to do the same for Gnumeric ? Like this we would
have a very good, real and free alternative to MS Excel.

Although it would be possible to do a non-gtk version of gnumeric,
it would be a huge amount of work.  A OSX port of Gtk would be much
more useful than porting just Gnumeric.