Re: Gnumeric 1.5.3 Released

On Thu, 18 Aug 2005, Morten Welinder wrote:

Just in case anyone cares - I'd really like that to be "fixed" - at least
one of us uses the thing without Gnome proper, and there is a lot of
gnome beneath the GConf tree.

I run without gnome proper.

As far as I can tell, there is no Gnome stuff underneath gconf besides what is
already needed for gnumeric anyway.  Here is my list of stuff to compile before
gconf:

   gnome-common gnome-icon-theme glib atk pango libIDL
   ORBit2 gnome-xml intltool gtk+

Of these, the following (at least) were not required by gnumeric 1.5.2:

gnome-common
gnome-icon-theme
libIDL
ORBit2

Apparently, gconf is required for the libgsf "thumbnailer." How and when does this get invoked? I've opened a few files with gnumeric 1.5.3 and haven't seen anything I'd call a thumbnail. (I imagine some sort of little image of what's in the spreadsheet one is thinking of opening, displayed within the File Open dialog, but maybe I've got the wrong idea.)

Allin Cottrell
Wake Forest University