Re: Bugs and wanted features in Gnumeric

On Sat, 02 Apr 2005 12:23:02 -0500, Adrian Custer <acuster nature berkeley edu> wrote:

Hey,

Thanks for your feedback.

You are welcome. Thanks for your work on the project and for
the comments!

Your ideas could be more useful to us if you would be willing to file
them in Bugzilla. The best thing to do would be to

OK, I will. But don't hold your breath - I'm more concerned about
my PhD thesis now than filing bugs ;) The first message actually
took a week to send because of the real life problems.

1) Start a meta-bug titled "Features needed for scientific publishing"
or some similar title. This bug will hold references to all the other
bugs.

Well, I don't know how it can hold references, hope I can find it out.

2) File each bug separately, checking to make sure that there is not
already a bug filed for the issue. Then, once the bug is filed, add a
link to the meta-bug above.

3) file the other bugs a simple bugs. The "it dies" bug is especially
troubling. If you have a way to reliably cause gnumeric to crash,
please, please, please, file a bug with a good explanation. You will
help yourself *and* everyone else.

For me the crashes are less disturbing than the missing features,
I just "don't do that" ;-)

These steps might take you an hour of work, but it would greatly help
the developers track, comment, and fix each of the bugs.

Full hour without interruptions is not easy to find these days :-(

thanks,
adrian

Best regard,
--