Re: Newbie question

From: "Andreas J. Guelzow" <aguelzow taliesin ca>
Subject: Re: Newbie question
Date: 01 Sep 2004 23:31:30 -0600

Hi Andreas !

 Thank you very much for your reply ! It helps me a lot.

 I have a sheet with about 10000 Shortwave broadcasters, ordered by
 frequency, which is not very helpful, when one want to search for
 stations _currently_ on air.

 Now I have such a list... :)))

 But there is another problem: Gnumeric 1.2.13 and Gnumeric 1.3.2
 crashes, when I try to save the changed spreadsheet with fomrats !=
 csv. Probably there is a "bad character" in the table.

 Gnumeric says something about UTF-8...

 I loaded the spreadsheet with "European charset" settings.

 Is there a way to find "bad character" inside a big,big sheet with
 the help of a tool ?

 And 1.2.13 chrashes when trying to assign another font of another
 size to the whole sheet.

 Message in this case:

 (gnumeric:13456): GnomePrintCupsPlugin-WARNING **: iconv does not support ppd character encoding: ISOLatin1,
trying CSISOLatin1

 ** (gnumeric:13456): WARNING **: Could not find child for option "PhysicalSize" with id "A4"
 /home/mccramer/tmp/ILGSDATA.csv

 (gnumeric:13456): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: g_object_weak_unref: couldn't find weak ref 0xb74705ac(0x8429094)
 Terminated

 What did I wrong here ?

 Kind regards,
 Meino