compiling libgsf-1.10.1 on Win32

Hi:
I'm trying to include support for OLE Compound to boost::IOStream library, I'm planning to use libgsf to manipulate OLE Docs, because I thinks is mature enough. but I'm having problems while compile libgsf-1.10.1 + glib in Windows. With Visual Studio 2003 I couldn't because it ask for Unix #includes. So I'm now using Cygwin but I get the following error while ./configure

*** You must have either have gettext support in your C library, or use GNU gettext library****

I have gettext package installed.
I appreciate any help, thanks in advance
Israel