Re: libgsf python bindings

On Wed, 2004-10-06 at 02:18, Shahms King wrote:
I notice that the libgsf python bindings in CVS haven't been updated in
a while and are not buildable in the release tar balls.  It takes a few
minor changes to get it to compile, but after that everything appears to
work.  Just wondering why they aren't shipped in a more . . . buildable
state by default, if disabled.  Also, seeing as automake-1.7 is pretty
much required for most things these days, is there any reason why the
python acinclude.m4.am15 and Makefile.am15 haven't been made the
default?

I made those bindings and used them for testing libgsf. At that time, it
was impossible to require automake-1.7. libgsf does require it now, so
enabling the bindings is possible. However, the bindings have been
unmaintained for a long time, so they should be thoroughly tested first.

I don't think I will have time to do this in the near future, so if
somebody wants to step in, that would be welcomed.

Jon Kåre