Re: Running 'Tally' Across Multiple Pages

Jody, if your example would the A1:A20 cells be pulled from the first sheet, last sheet and all sheets in between?

On Thu, 2004-03-25 at 19:41, Jody Goldberg wrote:
On Fri, Mar 26, 2004 at 08:26:22AM +1000, frank brierley wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-03-26 at 05:47, Chris Gray wrote:
> >
> > I am trying to build a Gnumeric file for a client where the first page
> > in the workbook would contain running totals (just basic SUM functions)
> > of the data from each subsequent page. The pages after the first - the
> > 'Totals Page' - would be 'Project Pages'.
> >

> But the problem you are describing seems to be related to taking totals
> from sheets that don't exist yet.  Does your client need to be able to
> add a new sheet when a new project begins and have the totals
> automagically appear?  If so, you might look at the INDIRECT function.

There's a simpler approach.
    3d references

Add a sheet with a well known name as the _last_ sheet.  Then insert
all of the new sheets between the first and last.  You can refer to
them with
    FirstSheet:LastSheet!A1:A20