Re: Saving files automatically?

On Mon, Mar 01, 2004 at 12:31:51AM +1000, Alan E Davis wrote:
Thank you.

One possible enhancement?  How about "prompt then save" or some
such, which would save (even if I'm off doing something else), but
leave a notice for me after I come back.  Some way of saving that
would leave me options, but that wouldn't lose anything.  Emacs's
numbering system for saved files works for me.  I seldom have to
dig up a saved file, but when I do, ....   (need I say more?).

Hmm, we currently support optional prompting.  It wouldn't be much
work to have a popup notifying that things were saved.  Sounds kinda
irritating to me.  Then again so does prompting.

The numbered backups is an interesting idea.  Can someone dig up a
writeup of the naming algorithm ?